You’ve made a smart decision to install solar to your home, so how can you maximise your investment?
The amount of energy your system produces depends on local conditions. The more sunlight your panels receive, the more electricity is produced.
Some factors that will affect your energy yield are the seasons, shade, cloud, soiling and orientation.
So how can you maximise your investment? Here are our top 5 tips.
1. Check for shade. Keep an eye on tree growth and if necessary, trim back to prevent shaded panels.
2. Stagger your energy consumption by using one big appliance at a time. Avoid using the washing machine, the clothes dryer and the pool filter all at once!
3. Use energy efficient appliances.
4. Monitor your energy production with an app on your smart device. You can download and install this using manufacturer guidelines available online.
5. Maintain your panels by keeping them clean and safe. Learn more